I first learned about the concept of anxious attachment in adulthood from Sue Johnson’s book Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love. A friend recommended it to me for the challenges I was experiencing in my partnership, and I sat in the tea house, tears streaming down my cheeks (I'm a crier, y'all), as I saw my own attachment patterns clearly for the first time. My mind was blown.
I was missing a lot of information. And that’s okay, because that is part of being on the healing and growing path. We don’t know what we don’t know.
I never understood why relationships always felt a bit like a bottomless pit for me. Like no matter how much time I spent with someone, I was never quite satisfied. I didn’t understand why I often felt hopeless in partnerships or why I wondered if I would ever be with someone who really understood me or respected me (some of that had to do with my poor choice in partners, but some of it had to do with my perspective on relationships and the emotional triggers that hijacked my ability to stay calm and present). I didn’t understand that I had work to do. I didn’t even know what the work was or how to start.
Are you ready to heal your old relationship patterns, increase your sense of calm and groundedness, and feel more confident in partnerships? I want to give you what I didn’t have when I first started exploring attachment: a clear guide for your healing. Compassionate support. Validation. A way forward.
This course will:
- clearly explain what anxious attachment is, where it comes from, and why we have it
- discuss what is needed to HEAL anxious attachment
- provide scripts and suggestions for healthy communication in relationships to reduce anxious attachment experiences, including communicating needs effectively, choosing the best time to have a tough conversation, celebrating when things go well, and processing effectively when they don’t
- provide a workbook full of practices to increase self-soothing, resilience, self-esteem, and boundary-setting
- support you in becoming aware of lifelong patterns and addressing them effectively using a combination of video, audio, worksheets, and practices that will serve you in healing yourself and your relationships
This course will give you clarity. It will give you concrete tools, strategies, activities, and a structured way of addressing your old relationship patterns and guide you toward more security. The more you show up, the more you will get from this course.
The course is self-guided, which means you pay for the course up front and then have lifetime access to it! You watch the videos and complete the worksheets at your own pace and on your own time. I want this to be as accessible as possible for people who are interested in doing this work!
I can't wait to share this with you.
This course is hosted on Teachable, so when you click the button, you will be redirected to my Teachable Classroom to register!